These general terms and conditions (the “Terms”) describe the agreement between Irish Film London (hereafter referred to as IFL) (“we” or “us” or “our”) and our clients and customers (“you” or “your”) that governs use of this website and all related correspondence and communications via the website http://irishfilmlondon.com including any related domains and subdomains (the “Sites”) and email accounts, social media accounts, and all other representations associated with IFL.
This is the official website of IFL. This website provides information regarding the organisation, our events, competitions and news. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It also provides contact information and contact methods for IFL. We reserve the right at any time and without notice to amend or alter all content on this site, as we deem necessary.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Collection of Information
We may request, collect, and process the following information about you:
Information you might give us, depending on your reason for getting in touch.
• email address
• postal address
• website address
• telephone number
• social media name
• competition entry details and answers
• survey data (all surveys are optional)
• any other information you consider relevant to services we offer
• Information automatically collected from you
When you visit or use any of our Sites, we automatically collect certain information from you (the majority of which is from a server log), including:
• generalised geo-location data
• operating system and browser type
• domain name requested
• server log details
• browser language
• when you visit the Sites
• application version, platform and settings
• URL of the website you visited before browsing to our Sites
• URLs of the pages you visited on our Sites
• time you spent on each page visited
• IP address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet
• other information about your use of and actions on our Sites
Use of Information
We will primarily use your information where it is necessary and permitted:
• to respond to enquiries and to fulfil ticket bookings made by you
• to publish submitted testimonials about our service
• to send marketing information about relevant offers and services
• to segment our marketing mailing lists based on user preferences
• to compile reports for internal data analysis
• to market our services to new clients more effectively
• to improve the experience of using our Sites and services
• to meet our legal obligations, and for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights
Sharing of Information
We will not sell, rent, or otherwise share your information with any third party outside of our organisation except as reasonably necessary to provide products, materials, or services to you, or when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
All of the third parties we share your information with in order to provide our service to you maintain strict security and Privacy Policies that protect your data, and links to these policies can be provided on request. Some third parties to whom we may transfer your personal data are located outside of the UK or the EEA (see below) and in these cases we have ensured the services have Privacy Policies and security safeguards that comply with UK and EEA regulations.
By continuing to use any of our Sites or services you explicitly agree with our sharing of your data with these trusted third party services. If you disagree (see ‘Your Information Rights’) you may not be able to use our Sites or services.
Third parties based outside the UK or EEA include:
• Mailchimp (for sending marketing mail)
• Google (for managing communications and data collation)
• Dropbox (for data collation & backup)
• Paypal (for managing some payments)
• Stripe (for managing some payments)
Legal Basis for the Use of Information
We will process your personal information where it is necessary:
• for compliance with our legal obligations;
• for the performance or entering into of a contract with you, including in order to provide our service, process your payment and to respond to enquiries and bookings and purchases made by you;
• for the purpose of furthering our legitimate interests including to:
• improve our service;
• operate our Sites and services efficiently and effectively;
• carry out targeted marketing and advertising; and
• prevent, detect and investigate fraud or illegal activity.
We may also process your personal data on the basis of any consent given by you.
Storage of Information
Your personal data will generally be stored for up to 5 years. We may, however, keep your personal data for longer than 5 years if we need it to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, the law requires us to maintain it for a longer period or you have not withdrawn your consent.
Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your personal data and to keeping it safe and confidential. We will therefore ensure that appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are implemented to protect it. Access to your personal data will also be limited to our employees, board of directors and certain third parties who process it on our behalf.
Your Information Rights
You have the following rights, albeit some of them only apply under certain circumstances:
• to have a copy of the personal data we have collected about you;
• to update or amend the personal data we have collected about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to erase, or restrict the processing of, the personal data we have collected about you;
• to object to the processing of the personal data we have collected about you, including in respect of any data processed for direct marketing purposes;
• to withdraw any consents you have provided in respect of our processing of your personal data; and
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org)
To stop receiving marketing emails you may use the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of such emails. You may also contact us via our Contact Us page to request we no longer email you, and we will honour this request except where it is legitimately necessary to contact you (for example, regarding a legal issue, or a problem with your order).
If you request that we delete any existing Identifier Information we hold about you, we pledge to delete and purge any such information wherever we can find it in our records, leaving only the information necessary to maintain legal business records, such as contracts and invoices. The third parties we share information with in order to provide our service to you offer a GDPR-compliant data-purging service to assist us with such a request.
We use “cookies” on our Sites. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive. In and of themselves, cookies cannot identify you personally. They can help us improve your access to our Sites, identify repeat visitors to our Sites, enable us to track the passage of users through our Sites, and to enhance their experience on our Sites. You can find out more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
The third-party services that may create cookies are:
• Google Analytics
• Amazon Associates
• Facebook Connect
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and if you do not accept them you may not be able to use the full functionality of our Sites. You can find more information about how to manage and remove cookies at allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ or by visiting the websites relevant to the browser you are using.
Our Sites and services may contain links to third-party apps, services, tools and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled or managed by us (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) and these services and links may also include social networking features (such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and other interactive mini-programs).
These services may collect information, such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use or access as the privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by their own privacy statements. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the services we provide and do not participate in social sharing.
Amazon & Other Affiliated Links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon EU Associates Program, and other worldwide Amazon Associates Programs, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.it, and other worldwide Amazon sites. Some links to Amazon-listed products may be affiliated as part of these programmes and we may receive a small affiliate reward if you purchase something from a third party website after clicking an affiliate link on our website. We link to products we use and personally recommend. We do not promote products on the basis of affiliate income.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org